Our Margaret River 'Must See' & 'Do' Recommendations
With restrictions being lifted but state borders still in place now is the perfect time to support our beautiful states regional areas and head out for a good old spirit lifting memorable adventure. A great place to start is our stunning Margaret River Region where you will find spectacular scenery, award winning vineyards, talented artists, colourful and friendly locals and adrenalin rushing activities. Here are some great things to do in and around Margs. Do one or do them all.
1. Cape to Cape Coastal Walk - Wow, Wow & Wow! Pick any section of this amazing 124km track for a truely awe inspiring experience. Whether it's a short gentler walk from Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse to Sugar Loaf or a full days hike from Moses Rock to Gracetown it will certainly leave your soul invigorated and wanting more. For longer treks consider a fully guided hike with the local track experts Cape to Cape Explorer Tours
2. Bottom of Town to the Top of Town Tapa & Drinks Expereince: You can have an awesome food & drinks experience right in town with the bonus of hanging out with the locals. Start at the bottom end of town at The Brewhouse with the most out of this world craft beer and share plate. You'll be tempted to stay here but continue up hill to Swings & Roundabouts Taphouse and mix it up with a taste of their own wine and then relax on their wrap around balcony with another share plate. It's definitely important to eat on this self guided tour! Next up on the left side mid way up town is Elkamo. Here enjoy a glass of bubbles or cocktail & create your own cheese board. Ideal setting for 'people watching' so chose a seat at the front. Right across the road is the famous Settlers Tavern. Stop in here and check out their awesome photo collection & shoot some pool before zig zagging across to the locals haunt The Corner Bar, another great place to sit out & immerse yourself in the town buzz. It's then up to Morries for another amazing cocktail experience & tasty food offerings. On the right night it's also the place to enjoy a touch of Jazz. A short walk down Wallcliffe Road will have you finish your experience at The River. A great place to enjoy some life music, silent disco's or unwind in front of the fire.
3. Keevil Road Waterfalls and Kangaroo sightings: If you are in town during the cooler months when the water is flowing. Take a slow drive down Keevil Road & be treated to sightings of some local kangaroos. Enjoy a picnic at the waterfalls & some leisurely strolls. A great place to hang for some relaxation while immersing yourself in the beauty of your surrounds.
4. Gracies Store: If you are visiting Grace Town & you definitely should then drop into the local store & try one of their amazing pies. You will have a hard time deciding from their mouth watering range but their Wagu Beef Burger pie is to die for. They also do fantastic baguettes, sandwiches & toasties. Very popular with the locals so get in early to avoid missing out. Pies can be taken back to your accommodation & heated at your leisure.
5. Mountain Bike Tracks: We have some brilliant world class mountain bike tracks here in Margaret River that can be accessed off Carters Road. If you don't have your own bike than you can still enjoy these by popping into The Hairy Marron and hiring a bike and helmets. They can also help you out with all the maps you will need to enjoy a day out on the tracks. Take lunch with you from The Bakery which is just a short walk up from the Hairy Marron. They have beautiful offerings for breakfast and lunch.
6. Shopping in Margs: If it's shopping you are after than we have some great shops that will definitely tempt you to part with your cash. For great homewares, clothes and Trinkets get lost in Lloyds situated in the middle of Main Street. For gorgeous clothes & jewellery visit Marigolds at the top end of town & then continue on down the street to find The Eco Boutique, Finch & the Margaret River Artisan Store
7. Barrabup Pools Nannup: This is a great day trip in the hotter months to enjoy a refreshing dip in the river pools, bushwalking, picnic and camping. Visit Parks and Wildlife for more info on this great spot only a short drive from Margaret River. Combine it with a visit to Cambray Cheese and stroll through the quaint little town of Nannup.
8. Melting Pot Studio: Book your very own glass blowing experience with Gerry at the Melting Pot Studio and create your own stunning Baubles and wine glasses. A fun thing to do with the whole family or on your own. Tie this in with your tour of the Keevill Road Waterfalls for a fun day with the family that won't break the bank.